Become A Certified Health Coach
Our 12-Month Professional HealthCoachTraining® Program provides everything you need to create a thriving Health Coaching Practice, no matter your experience or where you are located.
You will be a part of a global community of students and instructors in a unique learning environment, committed to living their passion while making a positive difference in the world.
Each student brings his/her own unique set of skills, education and experience to this program which contributes to their success as a Health Coach while enhancing the learning experience for everyone in the group. This synergistic environment allows students to feel safe and genuinely involved in sharing their goals, challenges, experiences and successes.
Students in our HealthCoachTraining® Program learn the following...
1. The Skills of Professional Coaching
You will learn the core skills of professional coaching including four models of coaching:
- Individual/One-On-One Coaching
- Group Coaching
- Corporate Coaching
- Web-based (Virtual) Coaching
All models of coaching incorporate the concept of Cooperative Coaching™ pioneered by HealthCoachTraining® Co-founder Hilton Johnson. In developing this model, we started with our philosophy, definition of coaching and ethical standards.
We coach in a way that empowers our client because we believe that the client is the expert in the coaching relationship and has natural gifts and talents that allow him/her to solve many if not all of his/her problems. We believe that coaching is a cooperative partnership wherein the client chooses the focus and the coach listens, observes and ask questions that help the client clarify, focus and choose small manageable steps to shift them ever closer to their goals and enhanced quality of life.
Our Cooperative Coaching™ Model starts with the Basic Coaching Model that asks a series of seven questions that are intended to create emotion to get the client thinking and visualizing which will draw them/propel them toward taking small manageable action steps while receiving support and being held accountable.
Over the course of this 12-month program, we spend time looking at different methods of coaching including individual, group, corporate and virtual. Each method is unique and offers clients and coaches different benefits. Our initial focus is on learning the fundamentals as they apply to individual coaching and then we begin to look at the other methods.
2. Specialized Coaching in Health and Wellness
Students learn the fundamentals of various aspects of health and wellness and how to customize these concepts to the individual client. The curriculum includes classes on Reducing Stress, Managing Weight, Smoking Cessation, Exercise, Eating Healthier, Coping with Chronic Health Conditions and how to make other health related behavioral changes based on proven scientific models.
Health Coaching is intended to help people make and adhere to meaningful lifestyle changes through the development of a supportive relationship that can help to facilitate behavior change and attain goals. We focus on the health of the whole person which includes physical health but also meaningful relationships, a fulfilling career, positive energy, spirituality and balance.
People want to be more in control of their health but they may not have the resources, information, or professional guidance to be successful," said Jan Maurer, MD, Vice President & Medical Director, Health Dialog. "We believe health coaching is a critical and proven part of the solution and can help people change their lifestyles to improve their health. A Health Coach can help people understand and overcome barriers to healthy behaviors. Our goal is to help people gain the skills and motivation they need to fit health into their day to day priorities."
3. Marketing By Attraction®
The best trained coach will go broke without the ability to attract and keep paying clients. Marketing By Attraction is our proven system for attracting coaching clients that is conversational, non-threatening and comfortable both for the coach and for the prospective client.
You will create unique and compelling ways to introduce yourself as a coach that put prospective clients into a moment of benefit, making your coaching practice almost irresistible. And, you will learn how to deliver a "coaching experience" for potential prospects so they see for themselves what you offer is a better way of accomplishing their goals than what they are currently doing.
Professional Health Coaching can be a career in itself as coaches can earn $300 or more per hour with very little start-up cost or overhead.
Health Coaching can also be used as a way to add value to an existing business. For example, if you market health and wellness products or you are a medical practitioner, personal fitness trainer, massage therapist, chiropractor, nurse, owner of a spa or fitness club, etc., Health Coaching can help you generate leads, build relationships and add overall value to your existing business.
4. The Virtual Coaching Office (VCO)
In addition to the training, each student is assigned their own Virtual Coaching Office through our our unique coaching platform, HealthCoachingU.com, which allows them to have a web-based Health coaching Business.
The VCO is a sophisticated health based website that automatically customizes around the coach and each client. It allows the coach to manage and coach hundreds of clients at one time and it provides credible resources, information, programs and tools to help a person accomplish their health and wellness goals.
Coaching delivered via the telephone and internet by non-physicians (e.g., nurses, nutritionists, registered dietitians, exercise physiologists, health educators, etc.) has been proven to be as effective as face-to-face coaching but at a substantially lower cost, since it allows for greater scheduling flexibility, decreased travel time and lower transportation costs, according to a November 2011 article in the New England Journal of Medicine.
The HealthCoachTraining® Program includes:
- Welcome Package: You begin with a live Introductory Call with our Program Director, a live Orientation Teleconference Call with your Instructor and students in your class and a complete orientation guide to get you started on the right track
- 96 Live One-Hour Teleconference Training Classes over the course of 12 months broken up into 48 Core Training Classes and 48 Support Classes. Click here to see our Program Curriculum.
- 48 Individual Core Class Lessons (makes up complete Course Workbook of approximately 300 pages of materials)
- Your own private password-protected online Student Resource Area
- Customized Internet-based Virtual Coaching Office (VCO)
- Your own Personal Health Coach
- Over 100 Online Audio Classes (Core and Advanced Training Classes)
- Class Email Service for support and communication with fellow students in your class and your instructor plus an Alumni Email Service so you can communicate with and stay connected with the entire HCT Alumni Community
- Marketing Materials (flyers, brochures, business card templates)
- Additional support materials sent to you through email by your instructor throughout the course of the year . which along with your 48 Core Class Lessons provides you with a complete Health Coaching Reference Manual that is yours to keep and use long after graduation
- Live Study Groups that assist you with your learning and allow you peer support and constructive feedback
- Practice Partner Program
- Live Mastermind Groups to advance your learning
- Certificates of Completion upon Graduation and Certification,* both suitable for framing
- Digital Seals upon Graduation and Certification* to post on your website or blog
- Bonus: All of your live core classes are recorded and posted for listening and downloading to reinforce your learning
- Bonus: Online Selling By Attraction® for Coaches Program with Workbook
- Bonus: Special Interest Groups (Virtual Practical Open Discussion Groups called V-pods, Advanced V-pods, Canadian Coach Group, etc.)
- Bonus: Additional Marketing Campaigns: Neighborhood Marketing, Sponsorship Marketing, Walking Club, etc.
- Bonus: Invitation to attend Special Live Guest Interviews and Classes plus receive exclusive audio recordings of special events in the private student area
- Bonus: Friday Pre-Sell Marketing Calls where we sell your potential clients on the benefits of having you as their Health Coach
- Bonus: We have our own private speaking platform (includes health and wellness, personal development and business training) with live classes offered monthly with renowned authors, speakers and trainers available to you free of charge
Plus: You become a part of our HealthCoachTraining® Community of students, graduates and staff here to support you long after you graduate as you build a thriving career as a Professional Health Coach.
Discover if Health Coaching is the right path for you, contact our office for a complimentary telephone interview. Call 1-800-457-1008 ext. 201 (Outside US, call 954-491-8996 ext. 201) or contact us here.
Can't wait? Click here for your free Health Coach lesson now.
* Certification: At the end of the 12-month training program, students may apply for certification. The Certification Program is not affiliated with any other institution, coach organization, university or government agency. The Certification is based upon the student being competent in coaching skills and operation of the Virtual Coaching Office. Certification Application requires an additional fee.
HealthCoachTraining® is a coach training company, not a health care provider, advisor or consultant. The information contained in this program, and/or in our products, services, promotions and website is presented for educational purposes only. It is not intended to diagnose, treat prevent or cure any disease nor is any such claim made, and it is not intended to substitute for the advice, treatment and/or diagnosis of a qualified licensed professional.